Monday, December 14, 2009

Have you read the story of the prophetess Deborah? It is found in Judges 4 and 5. I encourage you even if you have go back and read it again, study on it. Also there is a novel Song of Deborah by Bette M Ross. I encourage you to find a copy and read it.

It is amazing to me to think on all the wonders our Lord has done for His people. From the stories of Joshua, Moses, and Jacob. The Israelites were God's chosen people, He brought them out of bondage, He gave them His commandments, He favors His children, and yet tying all these stories together, in order from the beginning, it amazes me still how the Israelites were not satisfied. Some took idol gods to serve, they wanted to serve a god they could see time and time again. Why? That is what I wonder. God had been with them, He spoke to them through His prophets, they saw His signs and wonders, and yet they always wanted more, they wanted what in their minds was better. Before the time of Deborah, God gave the Israelites all of the land of Canaan, and yet they allowed outsiders rule some of the area, instead of taking what was rightfully theirs, given to them by God. God spoke to Deborah, He spoke through her to His people, because she was totally devoted to her Father God. In the end still only a few of His nations followed in the Holy war against Sisera as God commanded.
How little faith those children of God had!
What is He calling us to do today?
Is wanting more and better than what we have a stumbling block? YES!
Have you ever thought, if I just had this, or that my life would be better? Guilty! I think everyone has. Why are we not satisfied with our God? Why do we think we always need more and better? The world today has so much of a hold on some lives that I wonder if we would hear our God above it all sometimes. It is a scary thought that we as Christians are making the same mistakes of old. We are doing what we want instead of listening to and trusting our Father.
We have to become totally devoted to our Father God at all cost. We have to put all of our trust and hope in Him, because in the end, He will use those who are truly His. He will use those who will sacrifice all for the sake of God.
Do you trust Him enough to give your all?
Even though you will be tested to the limit?
Even though people even in your church and in your own family, will mock you?
Even though some might label you as crazy?
Do you trust in the Lord God enough to endure all to do His will and follow wherever He will lead?
Serious questions that require serious answers.
We have to stop listening to outside forces, and concentrate on God. We have to seek His will now more than ever before. We have to seek inside ourselves to take before Him all that is not pleasing in His eyes, and make a commitment to Him once and for all.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world."

Get alone with God, talk to Him, LISTEN to Him. If He doesn't speak to you right away, wait for Him. Pray and read His word. You have to decide...

Are you ALL IN or ALL OUT???

I realize that it is Christmas time, and this has been pretty hard for some to read, but I felt it on my heart to share that the time has come to decide...

I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

6 comments:

  1. Bless you precious one for speaking the truth in a mighty way for Jesus, love you. Have a beautiful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiff for sharing your heart! You have blessed mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's precious to see how the LORD is ministering to your heart and growing you in HIM.

    Love you and thanks for sharing with us. All in with JESUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a dream about you night before last. Call me and I will share it with you. I think you will like it!

    I love you. You and April need to keep writing. Keep sharing what God has done in your lives! Others need to know!

    It's as encouraging as Wednesday night testimony service!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by to love on you dear one!

    ReplyDelete