Monday, September 21, 2009

The dreadful -WHY??

As I am sitting here today contemplating yet another afternoon of doctor appointments, I find myself trying in vain to remember all of the appointments my boys have endured in their short lives. I am ashamed to admit that the pesky 'why' keeps popping up, a lot more often lately it seems. Like 'why' are things the way they are?, or 'why' are my children considered 'special needs'... or like they often ask me 'why' do we have to go to the doctor again momma?
The biggest question that has plagued me for the last 7 years, is what did I do? Could it have been prevented? or is it just genetics?

I know these are really harsh questions, but I don't believe there is a mother out there, with a child who has disabilities, who has not asked these questions, the questions that usually have no answers.

Here is what I believe with all my heart, 'For everything there is a reason', I believe God entrusted me with these three special little boys for a very special reason. He has a plan set for their lives and mine already, He made them, He knows them, and He sees what is down our road. Only He has the answers to all of our questions, the ones no doctor can see. He loves us, and doesn't give us more than we can handle.(a very smart lady tells me that often) I have often found myself at that point, you know where it is, the point where I am looking up to heaven saying " Okay Lord, I am here now, I can't handle any more, and He always knows better, He gently pushes me a little more each time, a little further each time to make me stronger. He does that for us, He takes us where we don't think we can go, where we don't think we can stand, to show us He is God, He is in control, and He will never leave us or forsake us, no matter what!! How Great is that?!?! No matter where we are, He has been there, done that, and still knows what is up ahead!! Thank you Lord for always being here, always listening, and never leaving, no matter my many failures in life. Thank you for loving me!!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, God is definitely in control...even when "stuff" tries to get in the way of our relationship with him. May He give you strength for your journey each and every day!

    :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amen! I loved this part..
    "He takes us where we don't think we can go, where we don't think we can stand, to show us He is God.."

    So thankful He is in control....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear girl. You brought tears to my eyes. Yes, God sees, He knows and His ways and plans are far above our own...and they are perfect.

    Have I told you today how proud I am of you? God is too. Every time He looks at you...He too remembers all the prayers you prayed for the little ones in China...and He gave YOU little ones with needs because He believes in you and trusts your ability.

    I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful, truthful post sweetie. God will meet you where you are, He will take care of you, and your precious sons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you via your momma...who is one WISE lady, even with that "twang" of hers...; I'm convinced we'll never "know" all the whys but HE doesn't mind us asking...over and over again. YOU were chosen for "such a time as this..." He knows WHY he chose you to be their momma and HE knows WHY he created them just as he did...How amazing is it that HE has it ALL completely and totally under control...it blows me away most days..

    your prayer filled my eyes with tears...I've prayed those words on some of my darkest days...I believe along with you, "He is God, He is in control, and He will never leave us or forsake us, no matter what!! How Great is that?!?! No matter where we are, He has been there, done that, and still knows what is up ahead!!"

    that is the peace that "transcends ALL understanding..."

    hugs!
    lori (don't let your momma fool you...I'm not near as CRAZY as she'll make me sound:)!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany, I was moved by your sharing. Hold on to the hope that only comes through our LORD. Praying for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tiffany...I have been meaning to stop by for several days and 'stuff' just kept getting in the way! I suppose that it doesn't really matter because today is the day that I really needed to be here with you! I so needed to hear those words that you shared...
    "He takes us where we don't think we can go, where we don't think we can stand, to show us He is God, He is in control, and He will never leave us or forsake us, no matter what!!"

    Sweet Tiffany...those are words that would make a prophet shout! and I am no prophet, but I am a daughter, mother, friend who is rejoicing because our God is in control, and those words were the ones that I so badly needed to hear today.

    I believe that God has given you those three angel-boys because He knows that He can trust you with their care. No looking back at yesterday's shortcomings, just taking one step at a time TODAY...whether those steps lead to a doctor's office or a playground....Today is the day where we live, and where He walks the path with us...and the future...well, that is already settled too.

    You have surely blessed me today, dear one...I pray that you will be blessed as well!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete