Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Princess to The Royal Kingdom...


I went "home" for the day yesterday (which I love to do) to enjoy my nephew's birthday party and spend some much needed time with my family. It was a wonderful day to see my grandparents, they are so dear to me! As well as the rest of my family, but grandparents are something special, I love to sit and listen to stories before my time and imagine life as it was then... it always seems so much simpler to me, the slow pace of days gone by... but that's another thought for another day...
As I was sitting in my sisters dining room, with my Grandma and Granlere we were talking about books, as we do on a fairly regular basis, my Granlere began a story that has been in my mind since then...

Granlere was very excited when she told that, on one of her regular trips to a local thrift store(a great place to find good books), she was approached by a lady, fellow customer come to drop off some donations, and asked if she read Christian romance novels, well she smiled brightly as only my Granlere can, and said she does. The Lady asked her to come with her to her car, she has a whole bag of them that she can have! Little did she know that is why my Granlere was there that day because I had asked her to "hunt me up some"...

In telling me this Granlere seemed surprised that this Lady picked her out of any number of other customers to give this great gift to, I however was not surprised... and this is what has been on my mind, that I have been contemplating since that story was told.
Why did this not surprise me, that my Granlere was recognized as one who reads Christian books? As a Christian?

The answer, My Granlere glows (she always has), the glow of Royalty, she has the presence of Divine Royalty, she is the daughter of The King, She is a princess to The Holy Throne of God the Father. Of course she is recognized as being so.

In turn my question is how do we get that glow? The glow of complete love, faith, hope, and reassurance? How can I be like Him so that He is seen through me? That is what that lady saw when she looked at my Granlere, the love of the Father shown through his daughter!! How exciting is that!!

Pray that He shines through us so people can see Him in us! What a life!

13 comments:

  1. Great words form a very special mom, i love you with all my heart!!!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you my darling daughter!
    Very Very proud. God is too. And He's liking the progress you are making!

    You are always in our prayers...and other's too!

    I love you daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany! I guess you could call me one of your Mom's friends, or even one of her cohorts in crime in planning this retreat next month. LOL

    I'm so glad you have posted this about your dear Granlere. What a precious tribute of love and faith. I hope I get to somehow meet her when I come to the retreat. Will you be able to come over any? I'd love to give you a big hug!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom was right...glad I popped over for a visit...love the name of your blog!

    Thanks for sharing this precious story of your Granlere and her heavenly glow...I'm sure you shine with your own radiance of Christ, because it shows in your writing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiffany...just popped in to say hello! You have such a cute blog! Love the little monkeys...I can just imagine your boys dancing with them!

    I love this post! Granlere certainly does shine with the love of the Lord...she is such a special lady.

    Thanks for the reminder that we should all be a reflection of his love!

    Be blessed,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I really want Him to shine through me sweetie.I want Him to be seen in my life, so that others will want what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tiffany,

    What a beautiful post about your Granlere. I hope someone will see that glow on me. I love the line, The Love of the Father shown through the Daughter,"

    Thanks for the beautiful, touching post.

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome post and testimony... You are so precious to me and always have been. Love you sweetie! Ms. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I came over from your mom's blog. Welcome to bloggyland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you said about Grandleria! I've always wanted to be like her. The "glow" is very attracting! I love you!!!

    I'm glad you were able to come to the party! You were beautiful (as always)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tiffany,

    I'm so glad that your precious Mom who I absolutely adore and call, "Sister" has invited me to your blog.

    I'm blessed already and I'm praying for you and your family. I look forward to visiting with you again.

    Love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the name of your blog.
    I came from your moms blogs. Love how you see your grandlere..wonderful example to follow.
    Bless you
    Elsie <><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww...what a beautiful post and such an important reminder for us to get and keep the "glow"!

    ReplyDelete