Monday, November 9, 2009

The Next Miracle... part 1

As I shared in my last blog of this series, a few weeks after the loss of my child, I found that I was again expecting...
I, of course was very scared, because according to my OB, it was too soon for me to try to carry another baby. But it wasn't too soon for God to perform a miracle!! About 6 weeks along with this pregnancy, I was in WalMart with my son, who was at the time just a little over one year, and was not yet walking. I was doing my weekly grocery shopping, when I started getting very light-headed and having major hot flashes. I grabbed my son and headed straight for the bathroom. When I got into the stall with my son I saw the reason for my sudden sickness, I was loosing my baby! I don't remember much after that just the room around me spinning. Sometime later-just a few minutes I think, I was able to get up, and get my son out of the bathroom. I just kept saying "I have to get to the hospital, how am I going to get there with my son?" Well little did I know, but God had all that planned already...
As I stepped out of the bathroom, I ran into my husbands Aunt from Germany! How she happened to be in Alabama, and right in front of me at that very moment was nothing short of God's provision for us!! Immediately she knew something was wrong, she grabbed my son, and hurried us out to her car, where I phoned my dad, and the doctor. After that was yet another blur of activity... I remember getting to my doctors office, and my dad being with me. After an exam, my doctor said he wasn't sure what had happened or what will happen, but for now it seemed that the baby was okay. He gave me some pills to prevent the impending miscarriage, to take throughout the rest of my first trimester, and ordered me to bed rest. Oh, how I prayed for this child to be spared!!
Everything seemed to progress well for the next couple of months, with regular ultrasounds to assess the baby's progress. I found out at 20 weeks that it was to be another little boy! I was so happy! (I forgot to mention, that during this pregnancy, my husband -at the time was in Iraq)
Just a few days after finding out that I was to have a little boy, I started having more dizzy spells, and went into labor. I went straight to the hospital, and they found that I had High blood pressure, along with pre-term labor. I stayed overnight, and went home with medicine to take for the rest of the pregnancy to stop the labor, and resumed semi-bed rest. I was at approx 23 weeks along. During the next few weeks, there were frequent trips to my doctor, and the ER because the medicine was not working as it should, and my blood pressure was getting higher,(I had to check it every 3 hours, every day, along with my pulse because of the meds I was on)
At 28 weeks, I went to the ER for the final time, I was in labor, and my blood pressure was 169/110. I was taken by ambulance to UAB ( University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham). They are well known for their neo-natal ICU. If there was a chance for my little boy, and I to live, that was where we both needed to be...

to be continued...

7 comments:

  1. Wow, the hand of God has definitely been on your life sweetie. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl....even knowing how God moved...I am still anxious to read the rest to SEE what God did in your heart and life at this time.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen...God's provision always comes at the right time...thank you for sharing your story....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just makes me even more thankful for the blessing of my easy pregnancies! Lord, help me to be more aware of people that have problems like this and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what testimony you have here. I love how God provided for you during that scare in Walmart. He is so in the details, isn't He??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually read part 2 above before reading this part and I am deeply moved by both. His Hand remains with you Tiffany and your precious children.

    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete