Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Creating...

Childhood...
Such a precious gift in life, being young and carefree. Of course you don't notice it at the time, you are just waiting for the milestone birthdays' to prove you as 'grown up'. It is funny how all children can't wait to grow up, while most adults wish for their childhood back.
My childhood was wonderful! I have great memories from each place I lived growing up. Among the early memories, is one of my mom in her sewing room in the back of my Granlere's barn, and my dad doing wood work inside the barn. I, as usual was running back and forth between the two gathering their scraps so that I could create something my very own. I found a heart shaped piece of wood from my dad's work station, not a perfect heart, but it looked good enough for my 6 year old eyes. Along with several scraps of material, when I say scraps I mean exactly that, narrow trash pieces no more than a few inches long.(My mom did not believe in throwing any material out, unless it was absolutely unusable for anything at all, the smaller scraps she used to make my sister and I some Barbie clothes, and such) Any way, I was so excited about my find, my treasures as I called them, that I couldn't wait to run right next door to our house and start gluing it all together, to make something new. Later I hid my prize underneath the tree skirt of our Christmas tree for my mom to find her very original, very "me" gift!
Thinking about how I took that less than perfect shaped heart to turn it into a prize, a gift, makes me think of our Savior, how He takes our misshapen, broken down hearts, remakes them into a beautiful prize for all the world to see, and rejoice in the new creature He has made! The pleasure I remember feeling creating this gift, can be nothing compared to the pleasure God feels when He creates a new life to serve Him! It still amazes me, just how much He cares for me!! I LOVE JESUS!! (repeat) YES I DO!! (repeat)I LOVE JESUS!!(repeat) HOW ABOUT YOU?!(repeat) I LOVE JESUS YES I DO I LOVE JESUS HOW ABOUT YOU!! (repeat) (my kids and I love to shout this song)!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that!

    See...you may not see as I see...but I SEE what He's done...and doing with your heart and life.

    This post brought up the tears girl.

    I love you dearly! :)

    You and April are my blessings in life! The grandkids...the sugar and cherries on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesomely beautiful sweetie. By the way, I love Jesus, yes I do, I love Jesus, how about you? Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet memory...and a sweet analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday dear Tiffany, enjoy your day, and be greatly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully sweet post, Tiffany. Thank the Lord for his protection and for giving you the spirit-eyes to see him at work! Bless you, sweetie...hope that you had a wonderful day!
    Happy Birthday!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete