Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trust

This is harder to put into words than I thought, I have already deleted everything four times!

Why is trusting so hard?
For me it is the hardest of all things. I have always struggled with being able to trust people, for as long as I can remember I have been let down by almost everyone I have come in contact with in my life (not including my wonderful family). I still struggle with this one issue more than any other, because when things seem to be going good, I am awaiting that next shoe to drop. What I have come to realize is, people are going to let you down, in the worst possible ways. People are unreliable. You have to understand this truly to get to the place where you can know that no matter what you say or do, you can't stop people from being people, that's what they are, imperfect. They will let you down. They will sometimes hurt you, and reject you. This is all very dismal, but also very true.
There is only One you can truly trust... God is perfect! He is reliable! He will never let you down! He will NEVER hurt or reject you! He is the only One who can love you unconditionally. He is the only One you can TRUST Fully!! When you get to the place where God's love takes center stage in your life and you can really give all of your trust to Him to take care of you. Only then can you be alright with yourself, in Him, and let the everyday worries go. Those worries of being able to trust in others not to hurt you . When others let you down, because they will - they are just people; you can trust in Him to see you through the hurt. He will wrap His loving arms around you and hold you while you cry, and He will lift you up and make everything feel alright again! I know because He has done that for me many times, and still does whenever I need Him to.
To trust is to put all your faith in God, not man. God will deal with the rest!

3 comments:

  1. Amen, wise words spoken here sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have written a very truthful post here.

    We don't stop loving people, we keep loving and caring for those around us. God can help us deal with the trust issues in each of our lives. He can take us beyond the hurt and pain that we've suffered...and we can learn to trust again. Really. It may take a while---but our focus needs to be on HIM...and not the painful circumstances...(yeah, easier said than done) But we keep on!

    I love you girl. YOU have written well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how truly blessed we are to serve a God that we can ALWAYS trust1

    ReplyDelete